Made pumpkin cookies today to celebrate a load of moving completed (kid moving back to the homestead) and to celebrate the new peeps in my life-
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed or canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in pumpkin and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices; stir to blend.
Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture; stir well. Stir in chopped nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1-inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake in upper half of oven for about 12-14 minutes. Remove pumpkin cookies to wire racks to cool.